Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Coming Home

Boy has it been a long time! There comes a time when you realize that you are missing something in your life and boy it is writing about the entertainment world! Lately I have been reflecting on my life and what makes me happy and this is a true passion. Movies and TV have made me happy, nay complete, my entire life and at this point I feel like it is time to dedicate myself to taking the time to talk about what I want to talk about, even if it is only for me. So here goes the random……

I have been binging on not only television shows but the great AMC Movie Talk on YouTube. If you want to hear a bunch of movie lovers talk about movies go to this page and dive in. You will not be disappointed, especially if you love this superhero revolution that we are in currently. This is what I would love to do! My whole life I have always wanted to do that and boy watching these videos has reignited that passion. 

Speaking of passion, that is the word I would use to describe my feelings on superhero movies. How good have they been this year!? Captain America: The Winter Soldier has to be one of my favorite Marvel Studios releases if not movies all time. Chris Evans made me fall for Cap long ago, but he was in full flight in this movie. There were very few things wrong with this film and that is so exciting. Which is another word to describe Guardians of the Galaxy. I AM GROOT. I mean come on, a tree and a raccoon stole the hearts of every human being that saw this movie. The whole cast was perfect; from Chris Pratt as our fearless and footloose leader to Dave Bautista's perfect delivery. I cannot speak more highly of either of these films. Finally, we have X-Men: Days of Future Past and The Amazing Spiderman 2. I loved the former and really enjoyed the later. Bringing all of my mutants together was the perfect choice and all I must say is bring on Apocalypse. Spiderman had silly moments with weak villains, not in acting because Dane DeHaan was brilliant, but Giamatti just give me a break. The shinning part of this film was the chemistry between Stone and Garfield. They are perfection. 

Perfection thy name is the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. This has been an amazing fundraiser for a tragic disease that deserves attention. I have spent an inordinate amount of time watching my favorite celebrities and my friends take the challenge over the past couple of weeks. Everyone is trying to outdo the last and I'm loving every moment of it! Chris Pratt was in the lead until Chris Evans blew it out of the water by wearing a suit. That very day I was doing my own challenge and was thinking of ways that could make the challenge unique and thought if someone wore a suit that would be aces. I was not wrong. Benedict Cumberbatch followed this up with a suit and probably the best challenge out there. Of course Sherlock would beat everyone. Elementary my dear Watson…has won 3 Emmys! 

Awards shows always seem to make me want to dive into the entertainment world again and this years Emmys is no exception. Seth Meyers did a good job and was very funny. My dear Breaking Bad went out on top. I remember back when Aaron Paul won his first Emmy when not too many people watched the show and it felt like a personal victory. This time it was for the non-Tyrion fans. I myself love them both and would not have been upset either way, but in my heart of Stark hearts, I wanted Jesse to ride off into the sunset again. 

Someone who has a rising star is Sam Smith. His voice is like velvet in my ears. I have not stopped listening to his record since I bought it. Well except when I am blasting the Awesome Mix Volume 1. Ooga-chaka ooga-chaka! 

Well, ladies and gentlemen (as said like the Joker, you should all read and say it like that without me telling you what to do!) I am going to wrap this homecoming up. I promise that this is not the last you have heard from me for the next 2 years. I have thoughts and plans and ideas that must be shared with my interweb amigos. For now peace out home skillets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment